ACNE – VLCC Institute
‘’An Orange A Day Might help to keep the Acne at BAY”
who the hell is Acne?
- it’s a bacterial infection & not a CORONA VIRUS. Which will force us to be Home quarantined and also, we have various home remedies topical ointment & some nutrients which can help us to reduce the production of Acne.
- Acne is caused due to the increased sebum oil) which is produced by Our Sebaceous Gland (oil Gland), this sebum production is under the influence of the male sex hormone called Androgen.
- At first you may think I’m MAD but Yes, the reason of getting acne is testosterone the hormone that stimulates the sebaceous gland (sebum-producing gland) activity.
- Testosterone belongs to a class of male sex hormones called androgens, which can trigger acne by over stimulating oil glands. They can also change the skin cells that line hair follicles, making them sticky and more likely to clog pores.
- Here’s how it works: Tiny glands are inside the pores of your skin, and they produce an oil called “sebum.” Sebum carries dead skin cells from follicles to your skin’s surface, but when there is too much of it, follicles become clogged and pimples can emerge. Testosterone increases the production of sebum, making it a prime acne culprit.
- Though testosterone is thought of as a male hormone, female ovaries produce it in small amounts. Women produce other androgens that can worsen acne as well. Most women with acne still have normal levels of testosterone. However, if you have other signs of abnormally high testosterone, such as excess facial or body hair, deep voice, and irregular menstrual period, you may want to talk about hormone testing with your doctor.
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills) are the most common form that causes acne.
- If your Doctor believes that high testosterone levels or other hormonal issues are to blame for Acne, they may recommend a variety of treatments, in addition to topical remedies such as retinoids that may prescribe hormonal therapies.
- 1.-A pack of mint & curd can help to reduce Acne.
- 2.-Application of Tomato juice can reduce Acne.
- Application of Clindac A, Benzac or Panoxyl can dry the Acne
- (But should be used only if the Doctor Prescribes)
- Rich in Vitamin A, C & E. (All three are powerful Antioxidants) can help to eliminate milder cases of Acne. E.g.-Orange and yellow fruits and vegetables.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ACNE
Ok, let me tell you the connection between Testosterone and Acne
TREATING HORMONAL ACNE-